List of predatory, parasitic, or pseudoscientific publishers and journals
Because Science does not need lack of rigor and seriousness, we do not need them ...
First of all, all services provided by the Dolos List team are completely free for researchers, institutions, and public authorities. Also, the Dolos list is an independent initiative and must remain so. We can not, therefore, respond positively to the donation proposals we receive, but, sincerely, we greatly value your interest in scientific rigor and ethics.
Important note: If you receive a proposal for non-free equivalent services from an entity using the name of the Dolos list or mine, it is a scam. Do not respond to this attempted fraud and, if possible, contact us to tell us about the problem. Services of the Dolos list are completely free.
Finally, these services are intended to respond to the problems of researchers generated by predatory publishing. The goal is to remove from pseudo-scientific journals the opportunity to gain credibility by highlighting authors or writers and to protect the reputation and work of researchers against predatory publishing.
The Dolos list has already, at the request of researchers, asked journals to remove names or articles from their site. At the time of writing, we have already managed to bend 30 predatory journals and publishers, to protect the reputation and interests of the researchers who requested our help.
Examples of services that will be offered here are therefore:
- Researchers wanting to remove their article from a predatory journal.
- Researchers who want to interrupt a publication process.
- Researchers who want to withdraw their name from an editorial board.
- Institutions whose name has been used fraudulently by a predatory publisher, who will have used it to gain undue credibility.
- Institutions that, at the request of their researchers, want all articles belonging to their researchers to be removed from a journal.
- Public authorities who will need information in the course of their investigations.
Now, you can download databases that we have decided to publish :
If you are an institutional or private email box provider, here you can download a database compiling all the domain names of predatory publishers and journals recorded on the Dolos list, in order to save them by default as spam.
My team will regularly update this database, registering new items following the old ones in the database.
If you have any suggestions to better make this database available to email box providers, please contact us.
This database is available here :